UTP Merchant Services (www.UTPmerchantservices.com) and its sister company Faster Processing Limited (www.fasterprocessing.com) are two of the fastest growing, innovative fintech organisations in the UK. Through a mixture of innovation and a focus on delivering outstanding customer service, we are committed to providing our customer base with market leading credit and debit card processing solutions.
With a customer base of over 10,000 customers, approximately £1.5 billion is processed across UTP’s estate of credit card machines each year with many hundreds of new customers being added on a monthly basis.
We are looking for exceptional, motivated and ambitious individuals to join our team who are willing and able to operate in a fast-paced environment as we continue to drive our business into new and exciting product areas.
Reporting into the On-Boarding Supervisor and working as part of the department’s Underwriting function, the Underwriters are responsible for converting new applications sourced by our sales force into live customer accounts, resolving any queries preventing an application being submitted to our underwriting partner. Dynamically communicating with the sales force and customers on a daily basis is key to ensure swift turnaround to approval. This is a fast-paced administrative position, and requires an individual with attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure; we are seeking applications with data entry and processing experience who can demonstrate they have clear communication skills; the role suits a focused candidate who is result driven and can prove they can work with a sense of urgency.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Rapidly develop a thorough understanding of the payments industry and the market sector we operate within, together with a thorough understanding of the services we have on offer;
• Rapidly convert new applications from the sales force to live customer accounts;
• Assisting sales agents in an empathetic, persuasive, and confident telephone manner;
• Detailed knowledge of overall Customer Service processes & query resolution;
• Quickly develop an understanding of the end to end flow of new customer accounts through the company’s set-up process;
• Provide support for all sales agents until account approval is achieved
• Take ownership over individual pipeline, either by resolving the issue directly or sourcing details from merchants.
The Successful Candidate:
Will be able to evidence…
• Excellent verbal and written skills;
• Educated to A Level or equivalent qualification level;
• A keen eye for detail and ability to perform daily tasks without high error rate;
• Exceptional organisational skills;
• High energy with the ability to multi-task and prioritise as appropriate;
• A sense of ownership and an autonomous approach to workload;
• Comfortable working independently and efficiently to deadlines;
• Ability to logically pursue problems, overcome queries and set priorities;
• Successful candidates are highly literate, clear communicators and have a good confident telephone manner;
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities;
• Self-motivation with a positive approach to targets, whilst supporting the department manager to ensure department KPI’s are adhered to;
• Living within a reasonable commute of Reading.
• A choice of:
• Gym Membership
• Annual Travel Allowance
• Lifestyle options
• Discounts scheme including well known retailers and entertainment;
• Enhanced company contributed pension scheme;
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP);
• Staff Breakout room with TV
• Plus other benefits
Due to the nature of our business all prospective employment offers will be subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Police Act 1997.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
|Report To:||On-Boarding Supervisor|
|Salary Expections||£20,000 per annum plus benefits|